Raise your hands if you love to get massages every week!
Therapeutic touch makes all of our worries float away once our massage therapist places his/her hands on your body and being still for a few moments. In fact, most of us get so comfortable that there have been times when we fell asleep during the foot massage or even the back massage. In reality, most of us don’t have the budget for weekly massage only once a month or a couple of times a year. If that’s the case and you have a spouse/significant other here are seven tips to create your very own couples spa night.
Couples Spa night is a great way to encourage therapeutic touch to connect, nurture and care for each other. Here are seven tips to create your very own couples spa night.
1. Candles: use a lot lightly scented candles. Keep in mind the heat from the flames will warm the room up. Make sure the room temperature does not get to warm.
2. Music: Play soft music (spa music is overrated get some slow jams)
3. Dry Brushing: to stimulate your lymphatic systems, improve elasticity, and smooth skin.
4. Food: Get her/his favorite drink and dessert. ( choose some aphrodisiac type foods)
5. Body Scrub in the Tub: Sugar Scrubs are amazing, and you can mix your own and have it ready to give your boo thang a light scrub. Or an aromatherapy bath bomb. If you don’t like baths or don’t have a tub that can hold you and you’re love-bug a long warm shower with a shower gel that can make lots of lather.
6. Give each other a massage: Use lightly scented massage oils or lotions. You can also try a warming candle. Once the candle melts enough, you can use it to massage your partner. Don’t forget the scalp massage. If your significant other is not into massages, he/she will most likely agree to a scalp massage.
7. Spa Night Coupons: Give your spouse/significant other a coupon
(as a reminder) for the next Spa Night. You can add an upgrade item on the card i.e., nail polish application, truffles from your favorite bakery, etc
Even if you can splurge on evenings out, I hope you will give this a try. Adding a spa night to your together time is kissing two birds with one stone. You get to take care of your skin, hair, and nails and spend quality time together. Happy reconnecting.
Yours in Health,
If you are looking for someone with massage therapy expertise, who can show you a few techniques to massage your spouse/significant other…look no further! I’m Ellie Dukes, Licensed Massage Therapist-specializing in prenatal and oncology massage therapy for 12 years.
Schedule your appointment today at 267-584-3015 or massagebluebell.com