Cupping is documented to have been in existence since 1550 BC as recorded in the Ebers Papyrus as an Egyptian practice.
Plastic Suction Cups are a tool used in the treatment in pain management treatment by massage therapists. In massage therapy cupping is done with a handheld pump and plastic cups by using the suction and negative pressure of the cups to glide over the area of pain to reduce tension causing a release up to four inches deep, by loosening and lifting the fascia and muscles. The cups can also be left on for about 5-10 minutes while others areas on the body are massaged.
Cupping promotes increased movement of white blood cells, platelets, fibroblasts, and other anti-inflammatory chemicals to promote healing. The tissues become saturated with fresh blood cells carrying vitamins, minerals, and oxygen while the suction pulls stagnant blood out of the area.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CUPPING?
- Flush lactic acid & stagnant blood from acute & chronic contracted muscles
- Break up adhesions from frozen shoulder and rotator cuff tears
- Relieve pain from sciatica/ back pain, shin splints, whiplash, and other conditions
- Alleviate discomfort from respiratory conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, & emphysema
- Relief from cough & breaks up phlegm buildup in the lungs
- Facilitate the flow of lymph
- Effective pain relief for rheumatism and arthritis
- Increase production of synovial fluids in the joints
- Dramatically reduce the appearance of scar tissue surrounding the joints
- Encourage a sufficient supply of nutrition to the tissues
- Encourage blood & lymph circulation to the tissues
- Stimulate the spinal nerves & the automatic nervous system
- Temporarily fades cellulite dimpling
- Smooth the appearance of stretch marks