Table Thai Massage
This therapy is Thai bodywork performed on the massage table instead of the floor with the mat. It combines a variety of stretching movements applied slowly; in patterns of gentle rocking and rhythmic muscle compressions, joint mobilization & acupressure points. The therapist uses her/his elbows, hands, feet, knees, and/or forearms to help work the muscles of the client.
Thai Massage on the Table works well for clients who do not feel comfortable on the floor, and those that do not like to get undressed. It is performed without the use of oils, creams or lotions. Dressing comfortably in yoga attire or flexible softer clothing is recommended for this treatment.
The client is asked to relax on the table concentrating on taking long deep diaphragmatic breathing throughout the whole session. Deep breathing helps relax the mind body and soul relaxes. A significant part of the practice of Thai massage includes yoga-like stretches which are intended to stimulate the sen and move lom through the body via a pumping action which is connected with the client’s breathing.
Reasons you may not be able to get Thai Massage on the Table
- After a meal in the case of less than 30 minutes
- When dead drunkenness is in a state
- In the case of hernia
- In the case of severe osteoporosis
- When there is severe athlete’s foot
Physical Benefits of Thai Massage on the Table
- It is good for muscle relaxation and it increases muscle flexibility and mobility
- It improves posture, balance and corrects body alignments
- It helps with muscle inflammation that causes that lower back pain
- If you are not comfortable getting down on the floor
- If you are not comfortable taking your clothes off